
If I were to tell you a story about how I met you, I'd make sure we were sitting at a coffee shop with a street or ocean side view. There is something about the ocean that calms me, and a unique feeling I get from watching the cars and people. I would still ask for your opinion which may consequently lead to the two of us spending the rest of the day around town, looking for viable coffee shop options. I enjoy long walks as well, so that will definitely be the icing on the cake. If and when we actually find a suitable place, I hope it'll be somewhere in the park; where we can have some cotton candy. I like how it just vanishes in my mouth. Don't blame me. I like weird things. There will be no cakes or cookies on this date, but we'll both sit in the park, knowing that a dinner date with dessert was not that far away. Your smile at this point assures me that you are not considering walking away because I said dinner date. It'll just be two people having a home cooked meal with pecan pie, and maybe cheesecake as dessert. Think about it.
We'd be sitting somewhere gazing at people who are taking the nature of the park in. No one can argue with the beauty and the kind of serenity it breathes, even when it is filled with people. In that moment of reflection, words like, "I admired you when I first saw you" leave my lips, followed by a slow pause and a gaze in your direction. The moment as captured in my thoughts would be surreal but you'd be there "Your long legs and boyish appearances did you all the justice as far as I remember." We'd both smile and you'd ask me why I was always hostile towards you. My face would be beaming with guilt and a still long painful moment. I'll recall all my frowns as they mutated into what nots as time passed. "You were such a nice person but you also talked like people were made of iron and not flesh and blood." That was the straw that broke my admiration for. We'd sit in silence for a bit and Id' draw your attention to the cotton ball clouds
profusely distributed in the blue vault of the firmament. Their beauty would serenade us for a few second and I'd begin a story about how you were in my kitchen once whilst I was cooking trying to get me to talk to you. "I was mean." Truth is, I remember each memory frame with you in it.
Now the day is here. The sun is shining straight through the openings in the clouds and you are inches away listening to the story of how I met you. You keep smiling infinitely pleased with an incomplete story. When the feathers of friendship tickled our hands, I reckoned that we were not so different. From behind enemy lines to the courts of friendship. Sadly, I never saw you again... until you were taking short walks with me through the park. Out on the wooden bridge, I'd stare back with a smile as I tuck one of the escaped tendrils of your hair behind your ear. Years have sailed and time has slipped us by but here we are, me creating with words and you reading miles away.
And then...
you writing and she convalescing miles away...;))
ReplyDeleteI must say I admire how you pour your heart out and those who are fortunate enough to know you, get a piece of the action....can understand. Bravo