Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Foolishment




They say that when you meet the love of your life time stops. That is when you experience a timeless moment: a moment when everything else stills as you free fall into something which up until that point, you never knew existed. When I first fell in love, there was nothing like a timeless moment. There was, however, reality punching me and telling me how not good enough I was. I was young, stupid and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. All I could visualize were the unbridled feelings which I failed to control. It was like an unending display of fireworks. In life you realize that sooner or later, what you always think is, may not be. There was no timeless moment, my heart didn't skip a beat and no one gave me CPR. There was absolutely nothing! My unbridled feeling was on the other hand a tremendous roller coaster. My life took an unbalanced ration of how I felt and reality. And I ended up reaching for more than I could handle. Breakups suck! And there is nothing nice about it. It maybe a mutual feeling but in the end, it's the same old, same old reality; someone always gets hurt. No matter how nice you try to be about it, it still sucks and it's terrible. Why do we get so buried in love if breakups suck like this? Why do we search for companionship if all it'll do is scar us in the end? I used to always think love was overrated. Well, that opinion was subjected to great change when the ice broke. Why love if we are always going to mess it up? Why love if our hearts are susceptible to be broken? If loving can make some one emotionally, scarred or damaged, why do they still look for it?






Broken hearts can mend again. The pieces can stitch up again. The point is allowing yourself to grieve and letting the feeling of hurt run its course. It's always good for anyone to feel the hurt. Because numbing the pain postpones the hurt and it makes you live in fear. First of all, when you have a broken heart, you think of nothing but the pain and emotional loss, the emptiness and the relentless reminder of how your life has ended because of someone. Numbing the pain erases those relentless reminders and it provides temporary relief. and for a short moment, if you are in luck, you get to experience bliss in the wake of a break up. It always has that good sense of appeal to you and for everyone who wants to numb the pain. Of course, that is until you realize that the hurt is still waiting for you to deal with. Numbing the pain prevents you from being fully vulnerable in future relationships and can damage how you see the opposite sex. It's okay to sing yourself to sleep on those sleepless painful nights because as the day passes, it'll get better. You'll feel better. Maybe not at the pace you anticipated but it'll be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....