Friday, October 19, 2012

Love at first sight -continued.


“There is a drought in the sky.” Esther said to Nina. “I wonder where they all went.” The sisters had their backs gently against the brown porcelain floor of the patio with their eyes gazing at the dry, limitless sky. “Yeah, tell me about it. Not even a star in sight.” Nina agreed. In the moment of silence, which followed after, Esther kept telling herself to not succumb to the temptation, but she knew she could trust Nina. “It was Bill, you know.” She said softly. “Hmm?” Nina hummed in shock, “Bill Trevor was the miracle?” She thought her ears were betraying her, but they weren’t. “Bill Trevor? How did that happen?” She asked vehemently as she impulsively stood up. “Ask him! Not me. I was dying...” She stood up and walked to the left end corner of the patio. Esther admired the view of the estate from where she stood. “...the minute his lips touched my head, I felt that warmth,” she smiled and felt her heart pulsate “it was strange…you know that kind of warmth…” “Shut up!” Nina interrupted, “you should not let mother see you talk about him with that face.” Nina continued. Esther stopped her, saying, “I understand Mama forbids it but, I love Bill and there is nothing she or Papa can do about it. They could die out of shock for all I care.” “Esther Rivers! You did not say that.” Nina replied in shock, “Take it back or God help me, I’ll have the maids wash your mouth with soap.”

1 comment:

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....