You were not the first to tell me that you love me. I’m afraid I’ve been broken many times by the same words from different faces. And here you are, trying to open the doorway to my wounds with telltale words like love don’t cost a thing. I fell asleep to the rhythm of your heartbeat as my head lay gently on your chest. You were not the first to open the doors of my heart with what you conceived was love. My eyes beheld the velvet sky and how the moon beckons the stars to come at night, but I have yet to tell you how my heart feels. I have seen you broken and hurt by the thorns of my words too many times; but time again you lifted my head to your smiles and your flawless laughs. Sometimes in the quiet, I hear them echo in my ears; it’s how you linger within the chambers of my heart. Your love seeps through the pores of my cracked skin and in to my bones. I haven’t said it much but I love you more than the sun likes the sky. I feel your love on the darkest days- your comfort rushes to catch me when I’m gloom. You sold me on the beauty of your words and you held on to me on days that I wanted to let go. Here’s to you and us.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....