Friday, February 21, 2014

The Idea of love....


The love we shared fell apart like a snowman in the middle of spring; it was like watching the pearly lustre of the moon fade away in the early morning. We were always like a hummingbird and we couldn't keep still. I was the song you couldn't sing to your friends; and you were the love letter I could never pen, but we had each other like the sky had the sun.

The idea of love was entirely novel,-a stranger of sorts- to me but you made me believe that it was priceless. Your relentless patience and empathy told me that love was a beautiful thing that couldn't be bought. As the days slipped into oblivion, I couldn't hold on to the promises you wrote in the sand, or wait for the sunset to hit us like it does the driveway at 5:30 pm.

I freed myself from the reins of your love in remembrance of my grandmother’s words: “Love is selfless and you can’t love if the one you care about most is you.” I planted roses in the cracked walls of my heart and watered them with the tears you suffered me on those endless nights. I wore your words at heart; three eloquent words although naturally lying, camouflaged to burrow love in the crevices of my heart.

When I finally said that I loved you like masses of clouds loved the ocean firmament, you chuckled and uttered that love is not enough, and that words like ‘I love you’ are natural lies sold to humanity by nature.

My heart stopped...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....