Monday, June 8, 2015

That is enough

I have been on writing hiatus for sometime and for my come back, I wanted to write something sweet which started like this :   I drove through the cold night only to find you sitting on the sidewalk of my driveway sobbing because you thought I was leaving. To the questions I asked, your pithy responses strummed my pain. Pain from your inability to see how much love I secret in my feeble heart. Maybe you would be better of waiting for something that is already here. Parked in the middle of the driveway, dashing to cuddle you in my arms, and dry your tears. I could never undo your heart because it would mean undoing mine. And I am entirely unsure of what will remain. But halfway through this, I realized my mind can not create, imagine or accommodate thoughts of love right now. See, years ago, my entire life revolved around being and feeling loved. I was battling with depression, mood swings, and I always mistook attention for love. Back then I still had not understood that love was beyond that. I have learned some tough guy lessons in the past years. And  it has all led me to this. All the broken parts of my life have made me. As far as this post is concerned, I want to say is that before you put anyone on a pedestal, you must know that they are people just as you. They breathe the same air, drink water (maybe bottled) but they are still human. So when you freak out over some absolute nonsense, do not expect them to keep calm over some real deal that deserves freaking out. We have an idiotic tendency of judging people who we have put on pedestal when they just act human. Life is hard and real human beings get angry, they cry, weep, mourn, they break promises. They will promise you that they will come to your wedding and then disappoint you with excuses. You need to let it go when it happens. They are not Artificial Intelligence. Neither are they in your life to please you. Everyone has their bad day. Stop writing the wrong people do on rocks. They are people not a product on the counter you stop using because it set your house on fire. Moreover if your house caught fire, you won't even have the luxury of going to the store. You'd be homeless.

No matter what happens life will get to you, and you will be overwhelmed with commitments. When that happens to people in your life, bear with them and understand that they are not God. Even God doesn't come through always. Sometimes, He is trying to teach you something and you are too busy judging Him. If you can disappoint someone, every other person can disappoint you. Everything you are, someone else can be; maybe better, maybe worse, but understand that to the world, that is enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....