Friday, January 16, 2015

Be You.

We are halfway into the new month and some of us have already defaulted on our pledges and new year resolutions. For the past three years, I have thrown the whole new year resolutions idea out through the window. Change is not by force. Unless it is necessary. In other words: If it ain't broke don't fix it. Make it better. Each year we take a diary, sheet of paper, or a card, and scribble resolutions that we will most likely forget by the end of the first month. Such a terrible way to enslave ourselves. Is it not bad enough that we live in a world that is constantly trying to reshape us? To live free, you must live as an outsider- outside the clutches of normalcy. Because normal life in this world is shit. To hell with normal life!  Personally, 2014 was a growing up year for me, and I did a lot of that. It was the year I finally decided to grow a pair and live free. Free of approval addiction, of public opinion, and free of anything that burdened me. By far and large, I succeeded and I am continuing with the movement this year. I made it a point to strive for progress, and not perfection. I have so much to live for. My life is about dancing in the rain not running away because of the normalcy that I'll get wet. The rain falls on everyone. Last year I severed some friendships and I never looked back. 

My advice is drop the pen. dump the paper if you are not ready to change. Change is a phenomenal part of our existence. In actual sense your existence thrives on change. You are here because change occurred somewhere, so stop pretending because you are only hurting yourself. Salvage the rest of you that still reasons like a free man and remove the leash. Chances are you will burn from the withdrawal but more importantly, like a phoenix you will rise from the ashes a free man. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....