Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How unique are you

Who you are is like a old wall; the only way to get rid of it, is to demolish it- one that happens as a result of constant and careful practice of being someone else. 
We all die in the end. Maybe. But who you are is like an old wall. You may paint over it, wash it down with bleach, but it will still be there to remind you of its existence and exuberance. What happens when you apply new paint over an old wall? At first the wall looks new and it attracts attention to itself, but eventually the mold will begin to show after the rains have unleashed their fury- and time her fury. This is what happens with human beings. You can paint over who you are for so long… until your mold begins to show. Why do we feel the need to bend over backwards just to be liked by another person who may be pretending to be something they are not? What good will that do? Think about these words. People don’t need our approval to be who they are, and we unequivocally do not need theirs. New walls, like babies bother rarely about who they are. New walls speak for themselves. But like everything on this earth, new things always becomes things of old. And old doesn't mean your value is lost. Your value doesn't decrease because of someone’s inability to see your worth. People value things based on what little understanding or perception they have of life. The value you place on certain things are influenced by how you perceive those things, or more importantly what sentimental worth it may hold in your eyes. Most of the time, we value things based on how it exalts us in the eyes of many. Humility after all is some kind of exaltation to someone. Do not lose the nimbleness of your mind and liquidity of thought on things that hold no worth in the world that we live in. Living to please another is not living; it’s modern day slavery camouflaged to impart some kind of sentimental gain. It’s life on a ledge. 

Hiding beneath the colors of a new paint doesn't change who you are. On the contrary it only imprisons your own true nature; your own true existence on this earth.  Your uniqueness.

Are you unique? I have always found the subject matter too delicate and complicated for open thoughts but in the many hours I have pondered over such intricate questions, my mind has more often than not betrayed me with a simple thought: Am I unique? If I am; in what ways am I unique? Comparing me to the remaining 7 billion people on this planet will be a futile experiment. Moreover, the 7 billion figure given as the world’s population is near accurate so I can’t say that I am unique. No out loud. Because I cherish the thought that some where on this planet there is another me wandering the corners of a small community enjoying the morning sun and breathing fresh mountain air. Are you really unique? My question is not an attempt to cast doubt on your uniqueness, on the contrary as far as DNA is concerned, uniqueness exits in this global village. But are you really unique? How are you unique? Show me your wall and I will point to another you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....