Monday, January 25, 2016

8263772- 69-4328

Dear January, 
It's a pallid afternoon, and I have attacked with great resolution the matter, and, consummating my resolve with the fact: she is wheeling my heart away. The avenues of my emotions are numerous and strange, but my thoughts betray me with the hope I crave as the thoughts creep in like the monsters. My first encounter with her was nothing short of odd. I heard her mocking laugh, behind me on two occasions, both were followed by silly comments. I am not given to long bouts of depression, and I have had my meagre share of unkind truth. In my younger days, I thought of myself as a sunny day on the beach, which was as true as a river in the sky. It occasionally lifted my spirits and dissipated the walls that shelled me from the sinister comments about how I looked. As the months unfolded, an unusual friendship found us, and sent us on a journey. Now I am falling for her. Her absence lately has shuddered my heart into questions of her return. Dear January, I miss her smile, and the butterflies that have always reminded me of the unkind truth- as much as my heart will offer her a place which she may kindly and gently refuse, it will continue to with the motion of the constellations. Don't tell me you love me if you cannot even have me. I can only wait so long

1 comment:

  1. Sensei. it was nice but it kinda needed more depth and more emotion.

    ReplyDelete

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....