My palms caress the velvet dress on your lower back. I know you miss my touch, you have blossomed in my absence and it could only mean one thing: you have missed me. The silence in your heart will become memories of the past, freed by the bonds that has held us together this long. I am here.
When I departed, I fell into memories of you- memories that reminded me of your rosy smell: an illusion that sprouted roses in the watered cracks of my heart. You smile at me with your hazel eyes, I wonder where they came from.
“You are the dream…” I whisper and kiss your chocolate cheeks which have been brushed with strokes of makeup. A little smile from you feels like gentle petals falling. Your soft hands grace my cheeks and you whisper into my ears, “I’ll always be your sunflower.” My head spins madly on.
The sound of your voice throws my mind out of orbit. We step on to the patio under the grey skies; one look at you and I remember my broken vows from a time when my heart was feeble and weak. I want to write you something beautiful enough to remind you of what my heart keeps whispering to me.
Beneath the night sky you trace my lips with a combination of kisses, searching for my emotions to tell you the story of my absence. “How many ways can I show you that I hold my breath for only you.” I yap in silence. Even I know that my life will come undone if I tasted any other kiss than what your lips offered.
There is a reason I hold my breath when you look at me, and it’s not because I’m afraid you’ll take my breath away with your radiance. I hope the night will swallow us as we dance to the silence of the constellations.
I tried to find you between the miles that separated us, thinking that we could hold on to something that our love could contain. We craved for something more, distraught by our lack of patience and optimism. I painted butterflies in the doorway of your collarbones and you planted seeds in the cracks of my heart. You said you wanted them to blossom in your absence- a reminder of sorts. You have had my heart since.
Beneath the night sky you trace my lips with a combination of kisses, searching for my emotions to tell you the story of my absence. “How many ways can I show you that I hold my breath for only you.” I yap in silence. Even I know that my life will come undone if I tasted any other kiss than what your lips offered.
There is a reason I hold my breath when you look at me, and it’s not because I’m afraid you’ll take my breath away with your radiance. I hope the night will swallow us as we dance to the silence of the constellations.
I tried to find you between the miles that separated us, thinking that we could hold on to something that our love could contain. We craved for something more, distraught by our lack of patience and optimism. I painted butterflies in the doorway of your collarbones and you planted seeds in the cracks of my heart. You said you wanted them to blossom in your absence- a reminder of sorts. You have had my heart since.
I have happy thoughts sometimes too. Mostly when I have forgotten that you once stroked my heart with a desire and passion. My heart thunders in your absence. I wish my tears and sorrow would end for the flowers in my heart to wilt, and their root decay in the cracks.
My wishes have overstayed their welcome. Reality is on the verge of uprooting their roots. I have stopped thinking about you and dreams that have been shattered by the cruelty of the miles that once connected us. I'm in defiance of this distance, my mind still captures thoughts in its corridors; lingering, wandering like beggars in search of hope and promise. If you were the last person to tell me, you’d love me forever, I’d swallow it the way the sun does dawn.
My wishes have overstayed their welcome. Reality is on the verge of uprooting their roots. I have stopped thinking about you and dreams that have been shattered by the cruelty of the miles that once connected us. I'm in defiance of this distance, my mind still captures thoughts in its corridors; lingering, wandering like beggars in search of hope and promise. If you were the last person to tell me, you’d love me forever, I’d swallow it the way the sun does dawn.
I’m pondering new ways to love you now that we are smudged in this mile storm of distance. Creating memories that do not exist. Lost in my wanderings like a castaway looking for rescue.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....