From generation to generation, that's what we heard.
With scales removed, clearly can I see now
When the nights chased away the days
That none can save themselves, not then, not now.
And we felt immortal in life's rays
Rigor Mortis sat with unlimited patience
Like the beast ready for the hunt among nations.
It chased us with gentle whispers; seduced us into it clutches
Then I remembered the smile of my beloved, but its iced grip still clutches
A smile so enchanting it could dissipate any glare
Beautiful thoughts of all the times I chased her through a field of red and purple tulip filled my mind Now pray! Do tell, where will I again meet her kind?
For I have been to a lot of places and I try to remember all faces
But none seems to have what hers demand
Oh! And her coy gazes.
The most vibrant kind of kindness;she did infect me
Breaking through my barricaded heart with just her smile; we were to be
The inception defined the odds and leapt into the unknown
Broken but beautiful from the love never found; now our own
Fading away, now on a shimmering cotton-ball cloud, she is my last thought
Her warmth seeped into my very core, in her love web, I am still caught
Like ink on a pad, oil on a napkin, we are different yet defy all odds for we walked hand in hand. Found myself helpless and at the mercy of something so strong I did not understand
Muffled hidden words, how do I express them to her?
Words that only she can understand; if that be fair
Words that will find meaning in her ears and be in tune with music her heart will for me play
I remember when I first touched her cheeks, felt like a dream in the day
She is a colour that is yet to be discovered, my ray of bliss
Though drift further away, I leave her with all the love she must not yet again miss.
Collab between Nana Aba and Kwame Ebbs.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....