Paint your words of love beneath the layers of my skin and into my bones. Let them be the lights that hold the darkness captive and carry me to lonely paces of bliss. Suffer me not to part from your dead, cold soul. Suffer me not to part from your insensitive fingers. Suffer me not to part from your stony heart and your infinite walls. Untie the noose of deceit you've hanged around my neck and unchain these iron wrapped around my wrists.
People like us are not loved; we are liked by the sands of time as if we were the water meandering from fiery hills. We are applauded but not remembered; abused, yet remain silent because our pride lies with the joy of other. cruel you say, wrong and selfish maybe, but nothing is wrong in the eyes of love.
I want to catch the depth of Your love so that I may paint its beauty with divine words and make music in the hearts of men.
I couldn't quite tell how you happened. I promised my fallible self that beneath these cotton ball clouds, nothing could ever go wrong with a silent whisper into your ears. I found happiness in your frail arms and your big, gleeful eyes. I watched the sun set between your eyebrows as I wandered through your misleading thoughts. It felt like a wave of hope sweeping the concrete floors of my mind. You were different but like everybody else, uniqueness was a challenge likened to a stroll on water. Now, here I sit, behind these rocks trying forcefully to etch my emotions on these plain surfaces. The salty specs rolling down my perfect cheeks build up in the indents of my skin. There they sit, reminders of my mistakes and cowardice. But they are reminders of courage and lost love.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....