Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I hate to break it to you




“Insecurity is not a badge of “specialness” that you have to wear to feel good about yourself.” It’s not a uniform you put on like a captain of an airplane or a ship, and you don’t get any special treatment from life just because you are insecure. The world is an urban jungle and the weak ones get eaten so get over yourself and have some damn confidence. What makes you think someone is better? What makes you think you are not good enough? What makes you think you are not loved? If you are looking for sympathy from the world because something happened to you then you are in the wrong place.


People- some innocent- are getting killed in different places in the name of “war on terror.” There are people: who go to sleep with no food, walk miles to find water, abused by a parent or relative or a spouse on a daily basis. There is a whole lot of cruel, diabolic stuff going on out there so you don’t get to be comforted because you are not quite like someone you saw. Get over yourself! You are never going to be that person. That is complete foolishness. Is there some sort of comfort knowing that you are like someone else?


Here’s the thing: No one, I mean no one is better! I don’t care who you are, you are not better. Yes, maybe your position makes you look like you are, but you are not! So stop making other people feel like they are not worth anything. We all need each other but we have one difficult time getting together and we act like we are better than others.


You are good enough to fall in love. You don’t need to look a certain way before you find love, maybe it’s patience you need not starve yourself to look pretty. Society keeps telling girls everywhere that they need to look a certain way to be beautiful. Well, I think that’s some corporate nonsense used around so that big firms can sell their so called beauty products or health drugs. A girl/lady/woman is beautiful, she was born beautiful. She’s beauty itself and women all over the world show the many faces of beauty: mind, heart and soul. I think the body and the face is just an added bonus. Stop trying to be like someone! If you were suppose to be like him/her, then you’d have been him or her. Don’t you realize that it’s your insecurity that pushes people away from you and not the fact that you are not like a certain someone. You are a great original so stop comparing yourself to other folk you think are better


There’s always a crazy someone trying to change you but I think there is somewhat pride in knowing that If I searched the 7 billion people in this urban jungle, I’d not find one person with my DNA. Isn't that something?


You got your DNA, I got my DNA so please you do you and I’ll do me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....