Last night, I found myself locked out of my apartment building which wasn't much of a surprise. It's almost winter and they say it's cold. I, on the other hand, don't feel anything; I haven't changed my summer wardrobe. I'm still me and maybe that might change in a couple of weeks but well....... As I stood there waiting for someone to be kind enough to swing those black iron doors open, my gaze turned to the night sky which was studded with constellations and smudged here and there with white cotton ball clouds. It was a beautiful sight to behold. Gazing upon such beauty, my mind drifted and finally settled on sweet thoughts of a certain special someone whose name I'll not mention. Sweet words were just pouring from everywhere. It was if all the words were carefully orchestrated to hit me in that pattern. It was simply lovely and I smiled. I had totally forgotten that I was locked out of that building and unless by a miracle or SOS signal, I may sleep outside for a change. This is what happens when you don't have a phone and you get locked out your apartment building, have unfriendly neighbors and worse yet, don't speak Arabic. That didn't seem to matter much considering my current thought process. I muttered the words like a young boy professing his love in gleeful anticipation of a positive response. And at each word my nimble mind created a mental picture of her smile as the words left my lips. My mouth kept whispering the words and then the most amazing thing happened. A shooting star! Goodness me, a shooting star?! I was shocked out the sweet words, and just for that second, I thought about nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. I've always wanted to witness a shooting star and last night I saw one. Ooh, the shivers that run down my spine and the excitement that made me feel like a hopeful romantic. This young man, however, didn't make a wish. Truth is, I couldn't think of anything to wish for. It was like my mind went blank, like a vast space of nothingness. I searched in that second trying to pull a thought but nothing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....