Your ship sailed away from my beautiful port; it always stood empty until you docked. Like any great captain, you’d mastered the rough seas and lived through those stormy days to tell the story of your surreal journeys. For a while, the sun gleamed, you stayed, and life was blissful. It was something to remember. Calm had returned with fond kisses of fall; but it was spring time in my heart. I remember the days of endless grief when nothing else mattered, and my broken heart felt numb to the pain caused by your absence. You fled in the ship you came in, sailed away with lies of your return. Looking into these fiery old eyes which held nothing but love for you, lies floated on your honey lips and I was the fool who gulped them down my throat as if to quench an insatiable thirst.
Lies. Lies. Lies. There are those days when I wake up in panic, mostly at the thought of your absence. Here I sit, holding on to the remains, hoping, wishing, praying that they’d mend, that this port will gaze upon your stunning beauty. I dread the days ahead. I dread the chains of fear that have seized my heart. I dread the pure insanity that comes from feeling the void that you've left.There are mornings when all I do is croon to my pillow, eyes welling with tears awaiting your return. I’m a deserted island that no ship dreams of sailing to. I feel the bored despair and the waves of depression that shadow the little moments of joy when you are absent from my thoughts. I’m lost to the world because I remain yours. I died the day you sailed away. All the roses you left me have wilted because like me, they miss your presence, your touch and the sound of your voice.Your love was war, and it left me a prisoner

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....