Over the next couple of weeks, I will be featuring some of my unpublished writings. When I started "The Workshop" series, I had hit rock bottom; flat on my behind with no hope, and nowhere to turn. I think it was the second time I had contemplated suicide. But during that time of my life, I was able to learn some of the important things about dealing with people and it helped me navigate so many friendships. I was able to decide on what and who I wanted in my life. I believe that relationships shape and build us and it is at the forefront of our very own existence.
I hope you enjoy the posts as I roll them out. The first is titled Flaws
I don't know about you but my first love experience was hot wheels. I mean it was the whole love 360 cut through, over the top, amazing. Come to think of it, I could have been run over by a car and would still feel the love that was serenading me from every angle. I have always said that the beginning of love is sweet. It is ecstatic and if you have ever fallen in love, you'd share the sentiment. Unfortunately, my first love fell apart faster than a race car at 120km/h. It fell apart because sometimes what you get is not always quite like what you imagined or desired. When you don't know what it is that you want, you are absolutely clueless when it lands on your laps. A person is a combination of good and bad, right and wrong, the human body itself is a combination. You are a work of art. You have a spirit, a soul and you live in a body. That is a combination of everything that you are. We are flawed in everything human, primarily because we live in a human world. Everyone in their natural state is judgmental and can be potentially condescending. That is a fact. But we all want to be perfect for multiple reasons- some of which are honest and pure. Our need to be perfect or to have a perfect something or someone stems from the need to complete our own imperfection. We have a good heart but it is in the wrong place. The simple truth is that our perception of perfection varies individually. The eyes see what they want to see because we are all different, and as soothing as that is, we are also flawed. The reason why I say this is because our portrayal of love is a simple case of give and take. I give you my heart, I take yours in return and we call that selfish idea of love, love. It's easy to tell someone you love them when they are showing you all the aces they have, but remind me how you react, how you feel, when they show you the ones and twos. We are a flawed generation chasing after a perfect life. It doesn't take much to see that truth.
The first step to becoming a better person is accepting that there is a problem. we become better by accepting that we are good but we can be better. Accepting yourself opens a door to appreciating yourself

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....