Sunday, September 2, 2012

One man's opinion


One of my friends puts it like this: "Fall in love with the person who treats you as a priority and not as a last resort." 

Here comes society, with this urban dogma which keeps drowning the world and even us who are birthed anew to be different. This urban dogma promotes independence in everything. We see it, we listen, we hear its voice and we allow it to fester its corruption in us. Sooner or later, we follow the doctrine and revere its power. In that reverence, we forget what love really is and we surround it with externals. And so we start looking on the outside and we become obsessed with it; so much to the point of oblivion when it comes to internals. In our minds, we paint a picture of who we hope will sweep us off our feet. A selfish portrait to begin with. All this is because we have no idea who we are. so my first point, Know Thyself. 
We are a different people with different ideas and objectives. Our perceptions of the world differ and our ideals about life sources from different places; some of which include places of great hurt and pain, and the like. Fact is we are the sum of our choices and our experiences. Our decisions and experiences throw us in the spotlight. It shows the kind of people we are and our flawed perception of the situations we face. You are not perfect. True! You don't have it all figured out. true again. This may be noise to you, but have you seen how they come and go and never want to stay even with all that 'little Ms./Mr. perfect' you have going on. 


A perfect man/woman does not exist but there is someone you can spend the rest of life with out there somewhere. When I wrote my first love letter, I was 7 years old. It was to a very pretty girl in my class and even though I never had the opportunity to deliver the letter, I thought it was a bold thing to do. I think it was one of the things, I did fearlessly. I was ready to open up my little heart and let her in, if she'd be so kind. Unfortunately for me, my mother found the letter and beat all that crazy, stupid love out of me. Love has a way of twisting and turning our minds, and that's why you have to get it right. Don't follow what the world thinks love should be. Follow what you know in your heart is right. Don't swing in favor of looks and forget who this person really is. Because at the end of the day, you have to live with them. You have to spend every night with them. And I4ll be damned if I have to do that with someone who only looks right. 

If you are looking for someone you can be happy with, it's not all about appearances. Because they can look beautiful on the outside and look like an orangutan on the inside. Now, trust me when I say this, "You do not want that. Life's too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....