Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oh how He loves us...

Continued from: But Seriously...

Oh how He love us... to give us dreams and visions. Dreams that line up with our purpose in this world and visions which change how we see Him as we embark on this journey to greatness. I've always wanted to be a pilot. That much I knew before I stepped foot on a foreign soil. I hated it so much but I thought, if I hated it so much, why did I choose it? When I settled for economics, I knew I'd be out of the country in no time to pursue my childhood dream. I chased violently after it. It became an obsession. The fact that you are obsessed with your dream and you are working day and night to see its fruition doesn't mean it's right. Having a vision is different from an obsession. In psychiatry, obsession is the uncontrollable persistence of an idea or emotion. You know your dream is wrong when you are willing to compromise your moral values to realize it.

I read Jeremiah 29, Where God says, "I know the plans I have for you....." I've come to realize that as humans we love control, and are obsessed with a rigorous rejection of anything less than perfect. I think we all suffer from a disorder or some sort. Maybe too harsh but true. We want the perfect house, the perfect car, the perfect medicine, the perfect wedding, the perfect man. Advertisers are baiting us with the perfect holiday and the perfect love life. Magazines are realizing stupendous profits because they are selling 5 ways to a perfect love life, 10 ways to perfect sex, 101 ways to a happy married life, and the like. All these corporate insects have discovered that we LOVE perfection and they have us eating out of their hands. We strive for perfection and as admirable as that is, it's pointless. Why suffer through all that for nothing when you fail to realize where perfection comes from. Let me paint this portrait for you. Sit back relax, call your friends, pop some corn, scoop some ice cream and read on. Here's a glimpse of how God's plan looks like. When was the last time you saw the sun being recharged, or the ocean dried up, or the earth became so infertile that our crops wouldn't grow. When was the last time you heard that all the fishes in the sea have gone in to hiding or that the bees will not do what they do best. When was the last time the rains stopped. and said I'll not rain anymore or the ocean said, I'll not sway today, I'm tired. Or when was the last time you saw the lions not chase after their prey and said, "today we'll eat vegetables" Nature is a perfect example of God's plan. He created nature and made it self-sustainable. Everything you see and feel sources from Him. In Him all things have LIFE. Separation from God means death. The sun welcomes us everyday, and sometimes in winter. Seasons come and go and they all stitch up the pieces left behind by the previous season. God's plan is perfect so if He had a dream for you, in the beginning, I pretty much think you'd prefer that to any other selfish ambition you think it's worth pursuing. God's plan sustains itself; in such a way that He is the source of the plan. The plan comes from him, the provisions and all that you need in this life to live a fulfilled one, is in him.
When I was a teen, I loved listening to pastors and motivational speakers preach about success. It was good and it inspired me to dream but what all these people failed to point out was that what we paint in our mind as success may not be what God sees as success. But calm down, God has your utmost best at heart which is more than all the good plans raised to the power of infinity. As humans we come to God with different pictures of success and deliverance painted in our minds. When God doesn't answer us the way we expected him to, we shout, yell, snap at him because what he gave us isn't quite like what we saw in our minds. When you don't know God's dream for you, you don't know when he gives it to you and when you don't know when you have it, you are absolutely pointless when you lose it. Look at how God sees greatness, and stop seeing greatness in your own eyes. Bishop T. D. Jakes puts it like this, "When you put God in a box and say, you must always work this way, you loose the liquidity of thought and the nimbleness of mind to move in to new idioms that God has for you if he could get to you see that he is the God that did it and not how he did it."

When the man who created the world and everything in it gave me a dream, and said to follow it, I don't know about you but I'd follow it. Because I want to live a happy and worry free, fulfilled life. I want to die fulfilled.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....