I've never poured out my heart to anyone; most of the time I'm alone with my thoughts, surrounded with nothing but silence, thinking aloud in my not so spacious room. Thoughts sprout from nowhere and they open my eyes to the reality of the world I live in. Some people say, "Life is a hallucination and if you live long enough, you can actually prove it." Others say, "Life is a beautiful reality which results from our dreams." I say, we worry too much about what life is and what it's not. This is how I see life. It may seem crazy to you but it's the reality I want to be living every single day for the rest of my life. If you allow it, and think about it, it could underscore what you've always thought life to be. Or, if I'm not exaggerating, add to it. Truth is, the reality is always different from what we dream; and even though our dreams give us the opportunity to create new things that could pose a threat or help mankind, they also sometimes, reflect our reason for existence. Personally, I've always thought that we live for one and one reason only, purpose. And in that purpose, we do all that God wills us to do. Purpose is what defines life as we know it. Life is not defined by your personal accomplishments, but by why you are on earth. We grow up with plans; solid, failure proof plans especially if you are rich, and we embark on a long journey to see each plan reach its mark. Yes! We came, we planned, we conquered. That is our life growing up and we die filled with so much potential for a purposeful life. We die with our lights hidden inside of us. There is no living thing on this earth without purpose. When I was in junior high school, I learned something called the food chain. And the teacher drew this diagram of how the predator is also a prey for another predator that is also a prey.... I think you get the picture now. But in that diagram, humans were at the top of the food chain. We eat everything! God knew this before He put man on earth but He still did anyway. The grasses of the field, the birds of the air, the fresh herd of cattle, and all these other herbivores that get eaten by carnivores are eaten by the humans. All these animals serve their purpose. Think about the chicken you ate, the fried fish you just had and the milk you drank from the cattle the butcher just killed and sold as prime beef. All these animals serve why they were created; To sustain life on earth, to support plant and animal and human life. You might cry, or scream when the zebra or antelope or gazelle gets eaten by the lion but the truth is, it doesn't mind. It's just living out its purpose. Everything God created serves a purpose, there is a reason behind, each leaf, each drop of rain, each star.
Try this: Cover your windows with blinds, and make sure there is no light penetrating through the cracks. Let your room be absolutely dark and then turn on your phone. What do you notice? Now let it sit in your thoughts for a bit. In darkness even the tiniest ray of light illuminates everywhere. It reduces the darkness and makes things visible. To live without purpose is to live in darkness of who you are and what God created you to be. He created you to be a light of this world. A light that is not hidden in the corners of your heart but a light that shines so bright for the world to see...

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....