These wastelands lay bare with no sign of life, and I’m tormented by the demons that lurk in the shadows created by distant trees and the glimmering moonlight. Underneath the oak tree I sat and watched, enraptured by the embers of a campfire that once scintillated in the darkness. I’m scarred by my own reflections- horrified even, by the mystical darkness hovering over these lands; lands that once defined beauty. For the first time in many years, I heard the cryptic words of nature calling to me. I was lost in a deep sleep and in a surreal land full of infinite possibilities. It was then I remembered what your soothing voice sounded like. It had, in the not so distant past, serenaded me from the dry, dark skies above at ungodly times of sleep deprivation and meager love. I felt my body yield to the lullabies that floated on your sincere lips as they echoed in the cushioned walls of my ears. You were the ideal of what I had always known to be beauty itself; beauty of the heart and mind. My dreams were studded with vivid images of us grooming the love we shared, and more than once, we sat in a field of flowering red and white roses sharing abstract ideas of love and hate. Somewhere in the middle stood a radiant sunflower and tulip that glistened as if it was planted with stardust. They lived in harmony and together sounded like a symphony of love that could have only be written in the eternal realm of time. Each night, the sunflower bowed it’s head to kiss the petals of the tulip which flickered in excitement. When the night finally covered us with its ineffable beauty, we idolized the two flowers, mimicking a gesture so profound that our hearts could not grasp its depth. And you whispered into my soft, sensitive ears sweet words which pampered my heart and exploded every doubt and fear ever harbored in the corners of my mind. “I’m your sunflower and you are my tulip.” When my heart feels empty as it withers in times of drought, you are the tulip that revives me with love and passion my mind can't even begin to fathom.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Sunflower and Tulip
These wastelands lay bare with no sign of life, and I’m tormented by the demons that lurk in the shadows created by distant trees and the glimmering moonlight. Underneath the oak tree I sat and watched, enraptured by the embers of a campfire that once scintillated in the darkness. I’m scarred by my own reflections- horrified even, by the mystical darkness hovering over these lands; lands that once defined beauty. For the first time in many years, I heard the cryptic words of nature calling to me. I was lost in a deep sleep and in a surreal land full of infinite possibilities. It was then I remembered what your soothing voice sounded like. It had, in the not so distant past, serenaded me from the dry, dark skies above at ungodly times of sleep deprivation and meager love. I felt my body yield to the lullabies that floated on your sincere lips as they echoed in the cushioned walls of my ears. You were the ideal of what I had always known to be beauty itself; beauty of the heart and mind. My dreams were studded with vivid images of us grooming the love we shared, and more than once, we sat in a field of flowering red and white roses sharing abstract ideas of love and hate. Somewhere in the middle stood a radiant sunflower and tulip that glistened as if it was planted with stardust. They lived in harmony and together sounded like a symphony of love that could have only be written in the eternal realm of time. Each night, the sunflower bowed it’s head to kiss the petals of the tulip which flickered in excitement. When the night finally covered us with its ineffable beauty, we idolized the two flowers, mimicking a gesture so profound that our hearts could not grasp its depth. And you whispered into my soft, sensitive ears sweet words which pampered my heart and exploded every doubt and fear ever harbored in the corners of my mind. “I’m your sunflower and you are my tulip.” When my heart feels empty as it withers in times of drought, you are the tulip that revives me with love and passion my mind can't even begin to fathom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....