I am reminded of how fast and easy people slip into oblivion; their presence gone from within our grasps and our hearts ever empty and sore. Sometimes, in the awe of October, as fall unleashes her warmth and beauty, I am reminded that death falls down taking the best of us with her. It shows no mercy or restraints, with the passion of a lover claims the gifts life sends her way and never returns them for contentment abides in her heart.
The pains of yesterday have left my heart, and even as I sit behind my old computer to forcefully push the keys of these letters, I am grimly reminded that no man lives forever in the confines of humanity. Death is like rain... it falls on everyone. Death is like the other child that almost ripped your family apart. You know the one. The one the your parents argue over at 2 am in the dead hours of twilight, the one that never makes it to the living room but when she does all hell breaks loose. That one. She reminds us of how time is unpredictable, and how sweet things can turn sour in a split second. It doesn't take minutes to die, or hours, it takes a second.
Truth is you don't get stronger as you age. With each year's passing, you draw nearer to your crowning moment- to your reception party in the afterlife. My grandmother's passing after 86 years of life did not hurt or provoke any emotional turbulence. To be honest, I have never always been able to source out that emotional side of me. She was old and her timer was long overdue, so when it clocked her ticket to the afterlife in, I sang with joy that she had been freed from the suffering of this world- received by her maker. And then two friends who were no older than me slipped away in the cold hours of winter. Gruesome, horrifying and utterly heartbreaking. It sank deep into my heart, lived there for months and my subconscious feasted on it- provoking thoughts that were beyond me. I understand now why people take life for granted. If you have woken up every morning for the past 20 years or whatever years you have lived on earth, it is hard to think for a second that tonight's full moon could be the last you see, or that you may be enjoying your last sun bathing experience. The reason why we should be joyful is that one day- like everything on this this earth- it will all be over. But cautious because you don't know when it will be.
You could be in the middle of cheating on your wife when your timer stops. No matter how worth having you think the things on this earth are, none of them can save you from dying. After all, to be alive means death is evident and to be dead is to be alive forever wherever your final destination is.
As you go about your daily activities, I want you to think about these words:
Death is a beautiful lover who cherishes the gifts life sends her. The minute you were born, life sent you on a journey as a gift to death. Your journey may be long or short, but whatever the case, you are on your way.....
ETA: N/A



No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....