
"Everyone that love me, I lie to... even myself. They say that God created the world in 6 days: on the first day there was light but there was no light. There was no heaven and earth that I could see. There was no garden of Eden that I lived in. There wasn't even earth under my feet that I could feel. I felt nothing. And on the 5th day, they said He created creatures. The only creatures that I saw, were the ones that I imagined in my mind. And I know God didn't create any of those.... He didn't create any of it. And there was no me; that's for sure... there was no me."
This was the opening scene of Woman thou art loosed:on the 7th day when I watched it. It was a touching film and I loved every bit of it. This woman, in the film appeared despaired with a small gathering of grief over her face. It was as if, at each moment she spoke, her hope somewhat died. She reminded me of who I was years ago. When my whole world had fallen apart. And all I could think of was the pain I was helplessly drowning in, the loss and the emptiness.
I suffered through the brokenness and the continuous graceless pain that tormented me every night of every day; the pain that made me feel I wasn't good enough. And true it was I wasn't good enough for anybody. I thought, "God didn't even want me. I'm the one every one keeps leaving behind. "I asked for answers but He never talked. The rains had me soaked in remorse and the storms had tattered my clothes beyond recognition. Everything I'd known growing up was useless. But then it hit me. The rain falls on everyone and that is just how life is.
We all have our rainy days. For some, it can rain for months for others, years. The storms of life always come as the tide will, come hell or high water. That is just life and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it. The truth is: Life doesn't revolve around anybody and the things we go through in life happen to be the things that make us somewhat conscious of who we are. This may be the harsh reality that you don't want to hear but it's true. Everything that happens in our life, happens to teach us, change us and even help us realize something about ourselves we didn't know. I never knew how to trust God until it was my only choice. It was like everywhere I turned, life kept shouting "checkmate!" You can't run away from the things that happen to you, but you can have a different perception about it and allow it to teach you like it has been commissioned to.
The fact that somebody has it worse or is experiencing a worse situation doesn't change the fact that you still have what you have. Life hands out reality checks all the time. That's to tell us that it's not a cruise-control journey you can put on automatic and expect everything to be silky smooth.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....