Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hmmm.....Love Letters

I want to go to bed with my arms around you and I want to watch your eyes close as you fall asleep. I want to kiss you goodnight and hold you through the cold, eerie nights. I want to wake up in the morning to see your beautiful face. I want to whisper in to your ears, just before your eyes fully open, that I love you and you complete me. I want to see my ring over your finger and remember that you, my dear, were worth the wait. I want to bring you breakfast while you still lay in bed.

On the weekends, I want us to stay in. I want us to watch a movie and do something fun. I want us to play scrabble together, maybe cards. I want us to talk about the books we've read and not forget why we found each other. I want us to make lunch together and dinner too. I want us to not forget that we are supposed to help each other. I want to treat you like the queen that you are; with a beautiful mind and a loving heart. I want to you to know that you are my northern star and that your smile leaves me breathless. I want to remember why I said, "I promise to love you forever till death do us part." I want to see you and know my heart made it home, back in your loving arms. I want us to take long walks and talk like we used to and still go on first dates. I want us to live everyday full of life and love. I want us to write our love story together and follow in the steps of the Father. I want us to to throw roses on the patio and candles everywhere and have dinner. I want you to be happy everyday and not waste time being sad. Life is too short to live in "Oh wells" and "What ifs" Your beauty is like sunset, intoxicating, and you shine like sunrise. Sometimes in the stillness of dawn, I steal glances at you and remember that we are a match made in Heaven. I'm arrayed in your love and affection. My heart is anchored in your ocean of love.  I want to lie down on the patio with you and count the stars which fill the night sky, I want to tell you everything even before you ask.
I want you to know that I will love you forever and always till my last breath on earth.

I want to stay wherever you are, because you are my home, and I have eyes for only you. To linger in your presence is like taking the weight of the sun's glory in, and living  in the spaces of present and the future simultaneously.

I want to be the one you want to talk to second thing in the morning. The feeling of waking up in your arms will always be and insatiable longing. I want to leave you love notes on days that I would not be able catch you morning gazes. They would be little reminders of the love we share.

If we ever argued, or had a wild disagreement, I would want to hold you closer on nights like that to remind you that my heart belongs to you for however long God gives us life. I want to plant soft kisses all over your skin on those long cold nights, and feel your hand run softly over me. 

I want to be yours for as long as I have life. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so so romantic. Everybody's dream to be so adored by a partner.

    ReplyDelete

I wish you would tell me something every now and then....