If you are reading this post, I want you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Your likes and comments encourage me to write more and make me smile."Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown."
Change is good, embrace it ! I remember, when I was barely 16 and we had to move to our new house, I was saturated with fear. There were no lights and the road leading up to the house was old and dusty. I hated that we had to give up our apartment for a new house. Yeah, old silly Ebe. That was me. That huge change threatened me. It run shivers down my spine. I hated that for the first time, I was going to have my own room with door and wardrobe and everything. I'd become so comfortable in the little space I had throughout my life. I remember the rains of life hit us when I was barely nine and how everything else changed after my father passed. I'd grown to love the little circle and learned to share and appreciate little beginnings. But over appreciating that had grown rings of comfort around my fingers and I didn't want to move. If it were up to me, we'd stay there. They say change is inevitable and one way or the other, it'll hit you. And whereas the idea may seem so meaningful, it may not seem so laudable. Because what sides with change is the threat of failure.
"How was the place going to be like? Do cars even go there? What about the lights? And the water problem?" these and many more questions poured in to my mind like a monsoon and even scared me more. Thank God I was in school when they moved. I would have passed out. What that taught me was, "Don't get too comfortable because no situation is permanent and that change is God's way of teaching us." Change is how He teaches us about the little things we don't pay attention to. Change is God's way of telling us that He always has something better for you, if you listen and do as He says. Growing up, I was the only boy who sort of lived in a rented house. Most of my friends lived in their own houses. And there were times I wished I lived in my own. If there's anything relevant to what I'm writing here, it is that, change is good and when we pay attention to the lingering threat of failure, we will never move. If change was easy, every body would do it. Listen and listen good. Embrace change and forget about everything else. Because they will sort themselves out. Nothing can compare to the feeling of waking up to birds chirping or sitting in the porch and watching squirrels run through the weeds. It's like connecting with nature on a different level. Yes, it was tough in the beginning but not anymore.
We've got non stop water supply and intermittent power supply but that's everywhere in the country. We go to sleep in the comfort of our own house and we wake up to nature not honking cars. And that is very rewarding if not priceless for someone who loves nature.
Change doesn't mean it'll be cheese and crackers, it means you are finally growing. Growing from the scared little person you are to someone with courage and strength. We all live with threats of failure. It'll hang over your head till you die, but that's why God gave you faith. He gave you the EVIDENCE of things hoped for. Do not trouble your heart over things that hardly matters. Don't waste your time on something God didn't give you. The stakes are too high for that. When God says move, you better because you sure don't want miss the thrill of honey kisses with tea. It always gets better. Sure fact! As long as you have Him as captain.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I wish you would tell me something every now and then....